[Freeswitch-users] IAX2 'redirects'

JP Hindin jplist at kiwigeek.com
Fri Aug 11 09:52:35 PDT 2006

Mark Spencer has it in the pipe for the Asterisk dev trunk, I wasn't sure
if it had already made it into libiax or not.

Well then I suppose the next question is, can we get away with FreeSwitch
bridging a call without any transcoding?
If I send a call to FreeSwitch in G729, can I have it forward on to a
remote service in G729 w/o FreeSwitch trying to do any transcoding work on
it?

This would make the CPU requirements low enough FreeSwitch might still be
useful, having heard something about 1200 simultaneous calls on a beefy
dual Xeon box.