[Freeswitch-dev] Explicit/automatic choose codec module

Wolfgang Pichler wpichler at callino.at
Tue Jul 1 23:55:32 MSD 2014

Hi all,

i have taken a look at the source code - and have seen that the codec /
implementation mapping is done using a hash table with iana codec name
as key. So no out of the box solution would be possible.

What do you think about the following - keep the hash table - but do not
directly link to the implementation - instead link to a struct with
following fields

- sessionCount
- maxSessionCount
- weight
- implementation

maxSessionCount and weight from a seperate config file configureabe, and
changable over ESL.

What do you think - would this make change ?

I think it should be not that big challenge to implement this, or is
there something i do not see here ?

br,
Wolfgang