[Freeswitch-dev] Working on building cross platform packages

Rob Hutton justlikeef at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 02:33:53 MSK 2012

I am working on an RPM that will build the various pieces (modules, languages, etc.) each as a seperate packags and compile cross platform, right now on OpenSuse Build service.  I have run into two issues, and before I dive deep into figuring something out, I wanted to ask for opinions/information:

1) Suse and Fedora won't allow Lame in "official" packages.  How hard would it be to add a configure option or a build variable or something that would exclude the mp3 code or whatever depends on Lame?  The goal being to make it avaiable in the base distribution, then have a non-open license version available on one of the "community" repositories that are not as strict.  Lame is the only package I can find at this point that is specifically excluded.  Others, like opal, will use FFMPEG, etc. if available, but will compile without them, also...

2) Compile checking has become more stringent in recent distributions, and I am getting overflow/underflow, buffer, etc. warning, mainly from the add on libraries (codec2, openldap2) that have been fixed since the versions that are "included".  Is there a method in place to easily use system packages for those things?

Thanks,
Rob