[Freeswitch-dev] version numbers

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 01:46:07 MSK 2011

We probably will not be talking about the odd ones very much, I think we
just do even for vanity sake.

Yes releasing branches is our own radical idea that we want to implement.

This basically means a stable branch.

1.0 branch will slow down to a crawl and people who are paranoid latch onto
that and the community maintains it.
1.2 branch (HEAD) will continue business as usual.

some day we then release 1.4 and 1.2 becomes a branch and 1.0 slows down
even more.

Then when they are older it's easier to make tarballs out of them.

MSN:anthony_minessale at hotmail.com
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale at gmail.com

sip:888 at conference.freeswitch.org
googletalk:conf+888 at conference.freeswitch.org