[Freeswitch-dev] Specs for 1000 channels streaming

Jeff Ullman togullu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 11:35:20 MSK 2011

Hi All,

I'm about to buy new server for IVR type application where I might bump up
system to  use up to 1000 channels to do play/record type IVR application
though event socket interface, and minor database lookups.  I have been
looking around Wiki and other posts but don't see any specific
recommendations yet.

I'm eyeing at following Dell spec :

PowerEdge R610
Dual processor Intel® Xeon® E5606 2.13GHz, 8M Cache
12GB Memory

WIll that be enough ?   There are many questions - what's real bottleneck ?
   Is it CPU or memory  or FreeSwitch can not utilize  SMP, parallel
execution  etc.. ?

I greatly appreciate if anyone can  share experience and recommend better
solution.

- Jeff