[Freeswitch-dev] play background music and park the call

Juan Backson juanbackson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 21:32:15 PDT 2009

Hi,

What I would like to do is to park an incoming call and then play a
background music while it is parked.  Upon occurrence of certain event, I
would like to unpark the caller again and bridge it to someone else.

I tried to use the following:

            switch_status_t status = switch_ivr_play_file(session, NULL,
set_bg_prompt_data, NULL);
            switch_ivr_park_session ( session);

It does not work.  The call goes to hangup and it does not "wait" there.

Does anyone know what is wrong and how to accomplish my goal?

thanks,
jb