[Freeswitch-dev] silence on a native recording

Peter Volchek pvolchek at voicemobility.com
Fri Sep 4 13:52:38 PDT 2009

Hi,
I am getting the warnings in the freeswitch.org , saying...

[WARNING] switch_ivr_play_say.c:567 Can't detect silence on a native
recording.

This is thrown each time I am calling session:recordFile in my lua
scripts. I am not specifying any extensions, thus relaying on the
encoding type chosen by freeswitch. So the files are given extensions .PCMU.
I've been told that this is a harmful warning.
However, we need an ability to detect the silence in the following scenario.
In a voicemail, while the caller is leaving a message, he can mute his
phone. The application may kick up the event, saying that silence is
detected, so we would pause the recording and play the prompt "Are you
still there?" to the caller.

Thanks.