[Freeswitch-dev] What's the easiest way to get all the SIP messages in FS?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 08:44:09 PST 2009

there are 2 options you can enable in your sofia profile.

<param name="inbound-use-callid-as-uuid" value="true"/>
<param name="outbound-use-uuid-as-callid" value="true"/>

This will use the FS uuid of the call leg as the call-id in the sip dialogs
AND use the call-id from inbound sip calls as the uuid in FS.

This way the uuid of the channel from the cdr and the call-id in sip are
identical and you can cross reference them.

There is also a program called sippcapdump out there that puts each sip call
in it's own dedicated pcap file you may want to consider.

Doing what you want in FS is not going to happen in the near future as it's
a function of the sofia-sip lib that we are a partener project with and they
would have to make changes to their api to allow us to get the data.  What
you see in TPORT_LOG is being generated well before FS ever gets the data.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:03 AM, seven du <seven at idapted.com> wrote:

> Thank you Anthony. I'm using them. But I'm not debugging the current calls
> but want to check them later, if necessary. Like this:
> post XML cdr to a web interface, store in db, and every time I list cdrs on
> web and click "View all related SIP" will list all the related sip messages
> on that cdr record.
>
> I know wireshark even can display a graph, but hard to do that
> automatically and,  Even I can capture all the packets through tshark, I
> still need to parse all the SIP messages from a pcap file and perhaps store
> them into a database. So I think it maybe easy to implement something in FS
> like "record-sip-session" and record all the SIP messages related to a
> session. I'm not sure whether that works.
>

> On Feb 25, 2009, at 11:32 PM, Anthony Minessale wrote:
>
> try tcpdump or tshark
>

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 9:06 AM, seven du <seven at idapted.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to get all(or certain) SIP messages in FS(perhaps I want to
>> write a module), What's the easiest or best way to get that? or where
>> I can find it in code?
>>
>> I know we can see SIP messages with TPORT_LOG enabled, It's in
>> mod_sofia or sofia-lib?  Why it is only possible to set that on start
>> time but can't change it lively?
>>
>> If I can get them, I think it's possible to write to a file/db, or
>> even send out from event_socket. I know it will hurt performance, but
>> we don't do high volume calls and want to debug easily. Third party
>> tools maybe work but also hurt performance right?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Seven

> Anthony Minessale II
>
> FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/