[Freeswitch-dev] The Beginners Hurdle

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Fri Aug 15 11:11:55 EDT 2008

On Aug 15, 2008, at 9:53 AM, Robert Clayton wrote:

> Brian, Thank You.
>
> In monitoring communications over the past months you willingness to
> assist is quite obvious.
> Yet I have the fear that if developers are very open to questions they
> have less time to develop.

Well my job on the project is to do just this.  I answer and filter
out questions before they make it to the devs.  Many others including
Ray and Myself do this most of the day.   So it's no problem.  See if
you ask it.. and it gets documented then we don't get asked again
usually.  Which in the long run the pay off is much better.  ;)

> I was just wondering if there could be a system that would reduce
> redundant question to you.

The FAQ and Wiki?

> For example maybe a format where questions and answers were attached
> to examples would allow individuals to see if their question was
> asked/answered before and what points they may be overlooking.
> Also it becomes obvious when the answers cease that this particular
> piece documentation has been abandoned.

Just ask is the best way to get involved.  The weekly conference calls
are for this also.  Bring up things that need to be documented..
fixed.. changed.. updated..

Brian West
sip:brian at freeswitch.org