[Freeswitch-dev] OpenZAP status?

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 23:14:51 EDT 2007

I am not sure what you mean by tool.

I suppose I have not made a formal explanation beyond my recent speech at ClueCon so I'll summarize what we are talking about here.

Last week I announced the debut of a new TDM project called OpenZAP.  The project implements a TDM abstraction library to provide an interface to TDM hardware as well as various signaling for T1/E1 interfaces.

So far we have analog (only tested in US so far but we are working on UK too) and q.931 PRI signaling but we should be able to add more things like RBS as time progresses.  The library is licensed BSD and thus is usable by most any existing telephony software projects without any pesky licensing concerns.  The hardware support thus far includes zaptel and native sangoma tdm api.  The existing codebase includes mod_openzap for FreeSWITCH that is currently functional with analog and euro or dms100 PRI.

This project is brand new.  The first code was written to the disk on May 21'st 2007 and there is pretty much no documentation yet.  We are announcing it to give anyone with Digium or Sangoma analog or T1/E1 cards a chance to check it out, do some testing and contribute to the project and help make it a success.

The code is located at:
http://svn.openzap.org/svn/openzap/trunk

The fisheye browser is here:
http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/browse/OpenZAP

Basic doxyegn with no comments yet:
http://www.freeswitch.org/eg/openzap/

In the next few weeks we will set up more formal
resources, a website etc.  In the mean time visit us on irc or email your questions here.

MSN:anthony_minessale at hotmail.com
JABBER:anthony.minessale at gmail.com

sip:888 at conference.freeswitch.org
googletalk:conf+888 at conference.freeswitch.org