[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Tue May 28 20:56:36 MSD 2013

Happy Tuesday to you all! It is a short week for us here in the U.S. as
yesterday was a national holiday.

The first order of business: I am happy to let you know that Packt
Publishing <http://www.packtpub.com> has informed us that the new FreeSWITCH
1.2 book <http://www.packtpub.com/freeswitch-1-2/book> is available as of
May 24th! Congrats to the FreeSWITCH team for getting yet another book
published. This is the third one we've done with Packt. Also, many thanks
to all those who spent time answering questions and helping us with the
technical reviewing process.

With the new book completed we focus our attention on other things, not the
least of which is ClueCon 2013 <http://www.cluecon.com>. Starting this
week, those who've submitted talk proposals will be receiving the official
acceptance of their presentations, including the day and time for the
presentation. If you have not already submitted a talk proposal please do
so right away as we have a limited number of available speaking slots.

Our weekly conference calls have been lively with discussions on various
topics suggested by those calling in. On last week's
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_05_22>we had a
particularly nice discussion about
mod_skinny <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_skinny>. A relatively new
community member, Nathan Neulinger, has really done a nice job of picking
up the torch for mod_skinny. If you have a need to use Cisco phones with
FreeSWITCH using
SCCP<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinny_Call_Control_Protocol>then
definitely
listen <http://torrents.freeswitch.org/conf_call_2013-05-22.torrent> to
last week's discussion.

This week <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_05_29> we have
Martin from the VoIPMonitor.org project. We look forward to learning more
about VoIPMonitor and how it can help us with keeping tabs on our VoIP
servers.

Have a great week!

--
Michael S Collins