[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Wed Sep 5 00:00:51 MSD 2012

Happy Tuesday to you all! I hope you had a relaxing 3-day weekend.

On last week's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_08_29>
 we had a nice discussion about TLS <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Tls> in
FreeSWITCH. Mitch Capper helped demystify some of the things that go on
with creating certificates, handling certificate authorities (CA), and the
like. This week we will be having a community discussion on how to improve
our handling of poorly-worded or inappropriate questions sent to the
mailing list. Ourupcoming
schedule<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_08_29#Upcoming_Presentations>
 for September is all booked up, so make plans to be on our Wednesday
conference calls.

Be on the lookout for updated English Callie and French June sounds. They
have been recorded and are being verified. I suspect they will show up in
the next day or two.

The new FreeSWITCH book is moving along as well. I just submitted chapter 2
to our publisher and am now on to redrafting chapter 3. On a side note I
just want to mention that I updated the FreeSWITCH Wikipedia
page<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeSWITCH>
 to reflect the fact that we are now on version 1.2.1 and that we've formed
stable and development branches.

ClueCon 2012 attendees and FreeSWITCH community members qualify for special
pricing at the IIT Real-Time Communications Conference and
Expo<http://www.rtc-conference.com/register/>.
Use the special discount code *FREWDSC* when you register. More details are
available at ClueCon.com <http://cluecon.com/>.

Have a great week!

--
Michael S Collins