[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Oct 2 00:41:02 MSD 2012

Welcome to October! I hope the weather is nice where you are. Here it's
still above 100F. :)

Last week was a little bit quieter than the previous few weeks. I had a
chance to work on the FreeSWITCH change log and I made a
list<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_09_26#News.2C_Notes.2C_.26_Miscellaneous_Fun_Stuff>of
some of the APIs, dialplan tools, and channel variables. These have
all
been added since 1.2.0 was initially released in early August. All of them
have wiki entries - thanks to those who took the initiative to do add them.
Feel free to add your knowledge and experience to the mix.

Last week's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_09_26>was an
object lesson in the challenges of getting a SIP proxy working with
TLS and FreeSWITCH. This
week<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_10_03>we are going
to change direction and look at something that has been slowly
(and painfully) advancing the past few years: mobile VoIP. We will be
having Daniel Pocock share with us some information about
Lumicall<http://www.lumicall.org>,
an open source mobile VoIP client for Android devices. There is also a
service component to Lumicall and we'll be learning about that as well.
Come join us to see the state of mobile
VoIP<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_VoIP>.

We are working on some fresh presentations for later this month. We hope to
have an update on e164.org and how we can all get involved. We are also
preparing a presentation on how to perform some of the data-gathering
techniques <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs> that are needed
for basic and advanced troubleshooting. If you have some input on these or
other presentations please let me or Ken Rice know.

Thanks!

--
Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz