[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Jun 25 20:09:54 MSD 2012

Welcome to the last week of June!

Things quieted down a bit last week, but we still had some interesting
items for your consideration. Darren Schreiber from the
2600hz<http://www.2600hz.com?cc12-0625>project joined us last week on
our conference
call <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Weekly_Conference_Call?cc12-0625> to
present "SIP 101" - a gentle introduction to the SIP protocol for those
doing VoIP. It was a nice discussion and we plan to do a follow up,
tentatively scheduled for July 18. The audio is available in the usual
place<http://torrents.freeswitch.org/conf_call_2012-06-20.torrent?cc12-0625>and
the slides are available
here <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/files/SIP_101_Presentation.ppt?cc12-0625>.
For this week's<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_06_27?cc12-0625>conference
call we are going to have an open discussion about topics of
interest to our community members.

Our ClueCon schedule <http://www.cluecon.com/schedule?cc12-0625> is now
full! Please visit the schedule to see a list of speakers and talk titles.
We have a few presentations whose titles are yet to be announced, so check
back often to stay updated. We are pleased to have Brad Pitt joining us
this year! (No, not that one <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_pitt> - we
have this one <http://www.cluecon.com/speaker/108?cc12-0625>.) Bradley J
Pitt is a long-time veteran of the technology and telecom industries and
recently joined Barracuda Networks <http://www.cudatel.com?cc12-0625>. His
discussion will touch upon both technology and business aspects of the IP
PBX world.

As a reminder, you still have about one week before the "bits shift" and
you go from 16 down to 8 tickets for your ClueCon
registration<http://www.cluecon.com/register?cc12-0625>.
Register right away so that you have the best chance possible to win one of
the 10 Android tablets that will be given away this year!

See you in Chicago!

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team