[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News And Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Jun 4 20:55:22 MSD 2012

Happy June to all!

We had a busy month of May but last Wednesday (May 30) we took a break from
the formal presentations on the FreeSWITCH conference call and instead
focused some time and energy on topics of general interest to our
community. Feel free to
download<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Weekly_Conference_Call#Past_Calls?cc12-0604>last
week's conference call recording and listen to Travis Cross and myself
discuss the pros and cons of licensing for content other than source code,
such as the wiki documentation and the sounds we've recorded over the
years.

Another topic of interest is the original FreeSWITCH
book<http://www.packtpub.com/freeswitch-1-0-6-build-robust-high-performance-telephony-systems/book?cc12-0604>,
a.k.a. the "bridge book" because of the cover photograph. Can you believe
that this summer it will be two years since the book was released? The
FreeSWITCH team and a number of interested community members have been
discussing what a second edition would look like - what changes would be
made, what new content could be added, etc. We have no definitive plans at
the moment, so now is the time to talk about what you would like to see. Do
you have an idea on how to make the second edition of the FreeSWITCH book
even better? If so, please let us know. Perhaps by ClueCon 2013 we'll have
a brand new book on the shelves!

Speaking of ClueCon <http://www.cluecon.com?cc12-0604>, we would like to
let everyone know that the plans for this year's event are coming along
nicely. Our speaker <http://www.cluecon.com/speakers?cc12-0604> list is
growing and the schedule is filling out. We still have a few openings, so
please get your speaking proposals in to us right away. We are looking
forward to seeing everyone again this August, so please
register<http://www.cluecon.com/register?cc12-0604>now, that way we
can make plans for ancillary events like the welcome
reception.

Thanks for being such a great community! Talk to you next week.

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team