[Freeswitch-users] mod_httapi usage/popular?

Gregor Nanger gregor at infomedia.si
Thu Jan 5 14:49:45 UTC 2023

When we started with FS years ago, we built everything with mod_xml_curl.

After that we've started with mod_httapi and if we would start over, we
would build more logic with mod_httapi. I like it as you can build small
pieces of dialplan and have more control of logic while call progress
through dialplan. In mod_xml_curl you have to build all dialplan, when call
starts, that FS compiles it. You can use transfer, but mod_httapi is more
developer friendly.

We are using mod_httapi in production without problems, but still main
logic is with mod_xml_curl.

If you are using Python, you can write webhooks in Python or in any
language you prefer.

I am also curious how community is using mod_httapi.

BR, Gregor