[Freeswitch-users] send voicemail with shell script

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Fri Sep 30 20:00:33 UTC 2022

Thanks for the reply. But, I do NOT want sendmail. I want it to run my script and provide the number called, the wav file and the mail-to address from the config.
I cannot get it to call any script.

I thought that's what these lines did in switch.conf.xml.
> 	  <param name="mailer-app" value="/bin/bash /usr/share/freeswitch/scripts/emailwav.sh"/>
> 	  <param name="mailer-app-args" value=""/> and restarted Freeswitch.

No matter what I do, it tries sendmail (and fails). I wish I could get sendmail to relay through my post office, but I have never been able get it to work.
The script I am trying just runs CURL to send those items to a web service that handles the email part.

Sean