[Freeswitch-users] Fwd: websocket disconnection issue - error 1006

Rémi MARAND remi.marand at odigo.com
Tue Sep 6 08:32:49 UTC 2022

I am working on the same project.
This issue has a bad impact, some calls are lost.

I see that there is a issue on Github: https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/issues/1041
[https://opengraph.githubassets.com/4e12492b46ac88ed6577f3abc386901b70d2c46c2c65714cc448439d62ef425e/signalwire/freeswitch/issues/1041]<https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/issues/1041>
sip.js websocket terminated by Freeswitch · Issue #1041 - GitHub<https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/issues/1041>
Hi everyone, we are currently running a custom-build phone application using sip.js which registers to the websocket of our Freeswitch. Our Freeswitch uses version 1.10.3 64 bit on a Debian buster....
github.com

We made logs and pcap traces, the websocket close happen on effective trafic, often after the 200 OK from (WebRTC) callee which is a big packet.

It should be linked with TCP segmentation, sometimes the issue occur when the OK packet is coming in 2 segments from network.

I send 2 pcap traces with SIP on a-leg and TCP:7443 on WebRTC leg, on both trace the Websocket is closed by Freeswitch.

What is your advice:

  *   Do we have to use Nginx or Kamalio to handle wss before Freeswitch ?
  *   Are there any settings we should find to reduce the occurence ??

Best regards.

Rémi Marand.
rmarand at yahoo.fr / remi.marand at odigo.com