[Freeswitch-users] maximum cps limit of freeswitch server

Alexis Prodhomme alexis.prodhomme at sewan.fr
Thu Nov 24 15:52:42 UTC 2022

Hi,

It will *highly* depend of what you want to do with FreeSWITCH.

 From a telephony point of vue, there isn't only cps and concurrent
calls, there is also SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY or RTP that eat resources.
Indeed, it'll vary depending of which modules you use for which
use-case. It also vary if you handle RTP or not (bypass-media),
transcode or not, do video or not.

With the given hardware specs, you can handle probably between 500 and
5k calls at a rate between 10 and 70 cps. As I said, It really depend of
your use-case.
So develop the code, test it and you'll know how many calls you can
handle :)

Alexis