[Freeswitch-users] Current timestamp variable in dialplan?

Brian West brian at freeswitch.com
Fri Nov 11 15:08:29 UTC 2022

Inline.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 5:03 AM Antony Stone <
Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it> wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 November 2022 at 20:23:50, Brian West wrote:
>
> > All of this is already present in the XML CDR, each action, every step
> all
> > time stamped down to microseconds and more accurate than setting
> > variables.  Did you happen to load xml_cdr and do a call and see the
> > information?
>
> So, I have this morning had a chance to get back to this, and it turns out
> that <load module="mod_xml_cdr"/> was already in modules,conf.xml and I
> have a
> large number of large files under /var/log/freeswitch/xml_cdr from
> previously
> placed calls.
>
> Comments / questions:
>
> 1. Aside from the timestamp variable assignment which I have put into the
> dialplan myself (the one which has already been discussed and you say is a
> bad
> idea because of session pool swell) I do not see any timestamps anywhere
> in
> the xml file - how do I enable these?

You found app_stamp, that's microseconds epoch

> 2. The xml file is enormous (20kbytes for a single call) and would take
> considerable parsing - where do I find the options to limit what
> information
> goes in there?

No way to limit the info, also this info is very handy for figuring out
what took place after the fact.

> 3. https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_xml_cdr tells
> me
> that this module can log to a file or using an HTTP POST.  Does this mean
> there
> is no way to get it to write to syslog?

Syslog for CDR? Just load mod_syslog and configure it for logging.  You
should use the post method with fallback and isolate the CDR processing
infrastructure and not intermingle that into syslog.

> I do nearly all logging (of everything that's running) to syslog, forward
> this
> with no further processing to a central syslog server, and then process /
> parse / aggregate / filter the data there, so as to reduce the workload on
> "worker" machines which generate the logs.

Do you currently experience this 'workload' that is impacting anything?  I
want to make sure you're not wasting your time trying to wax your car to
get better gas mileage.

--

Brian West | Co-founder and Developer

Need Commercial support? email sales at freeswitch.com

FreeSWITCH Solutions | 17345 Civic Drive #2531 Brookfield, WI 53045
<https://maps.google.com/?q=17345+Civic+Drive+%232531+Brookfield,+WI+53045&entry=gmail&source=g>

Email: brian at freeswitch.com

Mobile: 918-424-9378

Website: https://www.FreeSWITCH.com <https://www.freeswitch.com/>