[Freeswitch-users] Current timestamp variable in dialplan?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Wed Nov 2 16:31:40 UTC 2022

On Wednesday 02 November 2022 at 17:18:26, Brian West wrote:

> Ok let's step back, what do you mean by this?

I mean that I wish either to assign the current timestamp to a variable in the
format 2022-11-02 12:34:56.789789, or to find a system variable which will
provide this when I reference something like ${now}.

I hope that's clear?

As a workaround until I find out how to do this the correct way, the following
command does what I want, however I suspect it's not very efficient:

<action
	application="set"
	data="now=${regex(${system date '+%F %T.%N'}|(.+)|%1)}"
/>

I got the somewhat complicated syntax of that command from
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_dptools:+system

Antony.

--
Someone has stolen all the toilets from New Scotland Yard.  Police say they
have absolutely nothing to go on.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.