[Freeswitch-users] Genesys Cloud SIP integration with TLS fails with multiple retransmissions when siptrace on

Unai Rodriguez unai at rodr.org
Sun May 1 11:30:03 UTC 2022

Dear List,

We are experiencing failures with connection resets and multiple retransmissions when receiving traffic from Genesys Cloud SIP trunk on FreeSWITCH v1.10.5 and v1.10.7 once we run “sofia global siptrace on” on fs_cli as this tcpdump shows:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ozkv38scykxvmt/fs-genesys-TLS-5061-TRACES_ON.txt

$ grep retrans fs-genesys-TLS-5061-TRACES_ON.txt
nta.c:7017 _nta_incoming_timer() nta: timer G fired, retransmitting 200 reply
nta.c:7017 _nta_incoming_timer() nta: timer G fired, retransmitting 200 reply
nta.c:7017 _nta_incoming_timer() nta: timer G fired, retransmitting 200 reply
nta.c:7017 _nta_incoming_timer() nta: timer G fired, retransmitting 200 reply

If we turn the sip traces off or use TCP or UDP (without TLS) it works fine. Also our setup works with Genesys on prem and pretty much any other contact centres we came across.

This is turning into a blocker for us, is there a way to accelerate resolution? We’ve created it here too:

https://github.com/freeswitch/sofia-sip/issues/124

Thank you

With best wishes,
Unai Rodriguez