[Freeswitch-users] uuid_bridge with bypass media

Aditya Uppuluri uppuluriaditya at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:01:34 UTC 2022

Hello Team,
I have an ESL socket inbound to freeswitch that listens for CHANNEL_CREATE
events. The XML dialplan does park the call when a call lands on freeswitch.

<extension name="sip_forward">
<condition field="destination_number" expression="^sip:(.*)$">
          <action application="set" data = "bypass_media=true"/>
          <action application="park"/>
       </condition>
</extension>

Based on some business logic I need to bridge two CHANNELS via esl inbound
socket. When I do `uuid_bridge channel1 channel2`, freeswitch is
complaining that *at least one channel must be in answered state*. If i
answer one of the channels and then do the bridging, then freeswitch is
also in the media path. Is there a better way to handle this?

Regards,
Aditya