[Freeswitch-users] CONVERT 3XX to 603

Patrick Karton patrickarton at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 22:32:09 UTC 2022

Thanks  a lot Alex.
________________________________
De : FreeSWITCH-users <freeswitch-users-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org> de la part de Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>
Envoyé : lundi 25 juillet 2022 22:32
À : FreeSWITCH Users Help <freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org>
Objet : Re: [Freeswitch-users] CONVERT 3XX to 603

> On Jul 15, 2022, at 8:09 AM, Patrick Karton <patrickarton at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> is there a way for freeswitch to convert receive response code to another code.
>
> i would like for example to convert 3xx received code to 603 code.

Kind of.

FreeSWITCH doesn’t expose low-level signalling anatomy on that level of granularity. You don’t handle individual SIP messages in the dial plan, right? You handle channel events and call flows. This is because FreeSWITCH generalises call events from all the signalling technologies it supports.

However, some innards of the Sofia SIP driver are exposed; it’s by no means an airtight abstraction. You can exert some control over what FreeSWITCH does in certain scenarios. But, thinking of them on the level of a SIP message is unproductive and fruitless. This question really operates on a different level.

But in terms of handling redirects per se:

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Handling+SIP+Redirect

If you use ’sip_redirect_context’ to kick the call to a context which then contains:

   <action application=“hangup” data=“CALL_REJECTED”/>

See this for more details:

   https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Hangup+Cause+Code+Table

Thus, in a roundabout way, you can do it, but it doesn’t mean you can handle any SIP request or reply any way you want at that level of granularity.

— Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)

Enhance your FreeSWITCH install with disruptive priced SMS and PSTN services.
Build your next product on our scalable cloud platform.

Join our online community to chat in real time https://signalwire.community

Professional FreeSWITCH Services
sales at freeswitch.com
https://freeswitch.com