[Freeswitch-users] Outbound Gateway hang up at 30 seconds with no answer

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Fri Jan 7 21:55:53 UTC 2022

On Friday 07 January 2022 at 22:33:31, David Villasmil wrote:

> yeah, if you're using tshark, something like:
>
> tshark -f "host [GATEWAY-IP]" -i any
>
> will show you anything going/coming from that ip address.
>
> you can also install sngrep, which is a fantastic cli tool. it's in
> debian's repos. You  start it with "sngrep -c" to show only [c]alls

I would also advocate doing both.

1. Install sngrep, and if you don't already have them, tshark and/or tcpdump

2. Use tshark (or tcpdump) to capture SIP traffic (which normally means
"anything on port 5060, in either direction"), so:

	tshark -f "port 5060" -i any -w capturefile.pcap

3. Then you can use sngrep to read the file which tshark created, and at your
leisure, scroll through the traffic and try to understand what happened when:

	sngrep -I capturefile.pcap

sngrep is a splendid tool, but SIP is not a simple protocol, so having a
capture file you can go back to later, whenever you want to, and understand a
bit more about it (or answer other people's questions if they ask "well, what
was the response to this, then?") is very useful.

Antony.

--
Some things the German language doesn't easily distinguish between:
 - slugs and snails

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.