[Freeswitch-users] codec negotiation error

Brian May brian at linuxpenguins.xyz
Mon Aug 8 21:47:43 UTC 2022

Brian West <brian at freeswitch.com> writes:

> you probably have a nat issue, what's the topology like? What is ext-*-ip
> set to, and what is local-network-acl set to?

provider (internet) <--firewall--> Freeswitch (external IP) <--firewall--> Phone (internal IP)

Freeswitch is outside the NAT, and looking at the packets, it is sending
the correct IP addresses to the provider.

All firewalls are whitelisted to send all UDP 1024-65535 through.

As far as freeswitch is concerned there is no NAT. Unless I try to get
the phone to talk directly to the provider. Which is something I am not
even attempting to do right now.

local-network-acl is set to localnet.auto

If there was a codec negotiation issue, what would the symptoms be? I
would expect dropped phone calls, not dropped audio. So I don't think
that is what I am experiencing here.

My gut feeling is that the remote provider is sending audio (wish I
could prove it) which means traffic is getting blocked somewhere - most
likely my firewall. So will concentrate my efforts here. Starting of by
disabling SIP support in my firewall.
https://community.ui.com/questions/VoIP-SIP-Phone-through-NAT-on-EdgeMax/0632ce0e-9b8d-4bf0-907f-ac55485e32e6
--
Brian May <brian at linuxpenguins.xyz>