[Freeswitch-users] codec negotiation error

Brian May brian at linuxpenguins.xyz
Mon Aug 8 11:42:25 UTC 2022

Brian May <brian at linuxpenguins.xyz> writes:

> But how do I know if the remote server which I don't have access to is
> actually sending the RTP? I don't appear to see anything. This was a big
> unknown. Is it sending? Is it sending to the correct address? etc.

Arrggh. I thought it was fixed, but now the problem has come back again.

I can see the outgoing audio packets, but I cannot see any incoming
audio packets.

Oh, OK need to use:

<action application="set" data="proxy_media=true"/>

Fair enough, the end phone is behind NAT.

But now while incoming audio is working, outgoing audio is not working.
Arrghhh!

tcpdump seems to show 3 streams:

* stream in from phone
* stream out to phone