[Freeswitch-users] user registration

Bote Man botelist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:36:20 UTC 2022

I believe that “show registrations” shows ALL endpoints on every profile, while “sofia status profile internal reg” shows a formatted list of endpoints registered with the profile named “internal”. Profiles can take any name that you wish to assign them. The developers chose “internal” and “external” for the Vanilla configuration files to make it easier to understand.

FreeSWITCH can have many sip_profiles to provide multi-tenant identities. Each profile can have many endpoints registered to it. The Vanilla configuration files only use one tenant or identity to provide a simple starting point for new administrators who are unfamiliar with FreeSWITCH.

Choose the command the provides the information that is most helpful to you. There is no right or wrong way in this matter.

Hope this helps.

John Boteler

Bote Communications