Repository server licensing

Laura Smith n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp at protonmail.ch
Mon Apr 4 10:16:59 UTC 2022

I find it somewhat odd that nobody seems to care much about the implied licensing that people are now forced to sign up to with the stupid Freeswitch repo changes.
Specifically the registration action has an "By continuing you agree to our Legal Policies" commitment.
This is problematic for two reasons:
1) Many people, by virtue of their employment conditions, are not in a position to enter into legally binding contracts on behalf of their employer.
2) But, perhaps MOST IMPORTANTLY is that these "Legal Policies" include Section 9 "LICENSES AND PROPRIETARY RIGHT".
Come on guys. If you are going to force people to register for the repo, at least don't hide it behind un-necessary legal junk. Especially if that legal junk includes different/diverging license wording to the actual Freeswitch license.