[Freeswitch-users] SRTP negotiation on reinvite

Alberto alberto.rinaudo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 14:54:16 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have 2 end users, connected to freeswitch and configured with optional
SRTP.
Both users can make and receive encrypted calls, but when one of them sends
a reinvite to make a transfer, freeswitch replies with a 488.

I've spotted these lines in the logs:
2021-09-15 14:37:45.880223 [WARNING] switch_core_media.c:4331 Declining
invite with only SAVP because secure media is administratively disabled
2021-09-15 14:37:45.880223 [DEBUG] sofia.c:8007 Reinvite resulted in codec
negotiation failure.

What seems strange to me is that users are configured to use PCMA only, and
are both able to use SRTP, so why would the codec negotiation fail?
How do I enable optional SRTP for re-invites?

Thanks