[Freeswitch-users] How to detect close of verto tab?

David P davidswalkabout at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 01:18:34 UTC 2021

Our config of FS 10.5 doesn't detect when a verto user closes the tab (or
directs the tab to a different url, etc) and the session runs on the server
for many minutes (while our virtual agent tries to engage the user, thus
defeating our media timeout).

Is there a best practice for detecting this per-channel so it can be used
to end the conference?

Note that browser event beforeunload cannot be relied upon, especially in
mobile browsers, as a trigger for hanging-up on the verto end.