[Freeswitch-users] Any way to specify multiple audio files for hold_music?

Nathan Neulinger nneul at mst.edu
Tue Sep 7 14:48:16 UTC 2021

I am aware of using the local_stream option, but unfortunately with the content I'm being provided (voice messages, not
just music), starting in the middle of a stream just sounds weird -- hence prefer to specify directly. It'd potentially
be fine to start randomly at any wav file in a rotated (not shuffled) set, but starting in middle of single file doesn't
work.

Related question, if specifying hold_music directly to path to wav, is there any way to still retain the 'pick the best
sample rate automatically' functionality?

Worst case I just splice the wav files as part of the deployment process, but would be nice to allow for individual
replacement.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                            nneul at mst.edu
Missouri S&T Information Technology         (573) 341-6679
System Administrator - Architect            (573) 612-1412
System Infrastructure Team Manager