[Freeswitch-users] Changing device on one leg improves the audio recorded from another leg?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Fri Oct 29 09:04:24 UTC 2021

On Friday 29 October 2021 at 02:26:15, David P wrote:

> How could changing the device on leg A affect the audio recording that
> apparently comes from leg B?

Any chance the devices performed a codec re-negotiation when swapped over?

I've seen (or heard) somethng very similar (although using Asterisk) when:

 - answering a call (audio is perfect)
 - placing the caller on hold (hold music is fine)
 - resuming the call (audio is essentially incomprehensible)

note: no change in devices at all.

It turned out that the "resume" after hold was re-negotiating the codec in the
SDP.

Antony.

--
Python is executable pseudocode.