[Freeswitch-users] UDP/DTLS/SCTP webrtc-datachannel Freeswitch 1.10.6 and sip.js

kaiduan xie kaiduanx at yahoo.ca
Thu Oct 21 13:56:29 UTC 2021

 Freeswitch does not support webrtc SCTP data channel.
/Kaiduan
    On Thursday, October 21, 2021, 09:32:19 a.m. EDT, Giovanni Maruzzelli <gmaruzz at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 3:10 PM Jonathan Hunter <jhunter at voxboxcoms.co.uk> wrote:

Hi guys,
Just wondered if anyone had suggestions around this or had this issue before, we have 2 web clients using the sip.js library and we are trying to use the data channel to send messages to one another.

Why don't you use the MESSAGE sip method (supported by both freeswitch and sip.js)?
You can even process the MESSAGE into freeswitch's chatplan, if needed.
-giovanni

If I bypass media and send media peer to peer it works fine, however if I try and send an invite with the data channel defined;m=application 52004 UDP/DTLS/SCTP webrtc-datachannel
Freeswitch seems to consume this when bridging to the target end point/user. Does freeswitch support SCTP/ webrtc-datachannel if I wanted to present it from leg A to leg B so the media can flow via freeswitch?
This is using debian:buster container.
Thanks
Jon

--
Sincerely,

Giovanni Maruzzelli
OpenTelecom.IT
cell: +39 347 266 56 18

Enhance your FreeSWITCH install with disruptive priced SMS and PSTN services.
Build your next product on our scalable cloud platform.

Join our online community to chat in real time https://signalwire.community

Professional FreeSWITCH Services
sales at freeswitch.com
https://freeswitch.com