[Freeswitch-users] Hangup and wait for connection after dialed extension is busy.

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 01:03:52 UTC 2021

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 11:14 PM Paweł Femur Wojtal <freeswitch at femur.pl>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Imagine the situation.
>
> I call internal extension. It is busy. So I press *0 and hangup. When
> leg B finishes its connection, freeswitch calls us both and bridges.
>
> How do I get such functionality? I will be grateful for any suggestion.

Maybe someone knows an easier way but if I needed something like this, I
would try:
  - send the call to a lua script after the bridge fails due to BUSY
(channel variable last_bridge_hangup_cause==USER_BUSY)
  - ask the user to confirm if he/she wants to get a callback
  - if yes, find the UUID of the extension call. This could be obtained
from channel variables (probably originate_signal_bond or originated_legs)
if not, I would use Freeswitch.dbh (
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Lua+API+Reference) to
search for the extension that is busy.
  - set a hangup hook to be execute when the extension call terminates (
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/api_hangup_hook)
  - the hook would be a lua script that would make the callback to you and
after answer try to call the extension.

obs:
  - if the hangup hook fails to be set, it could be because the call ended
while we were doing the processing so I would execute the callback right
away).
  - in the callback, before calling the extension I would ask for
confirmation again as by that time you might not want to call the extension
anymore