[Freeswitch-users] Dial with SIP credentials without defining gateway?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Thu Oct 14 15:54:09 UTC 2021

Hi.

I've recently started using FreeSwitch, after being familiar with Asterisk for
many years.

I'm wondering whether FreeSwitch has an equivalent to Asterisk's facility for
dialling out to a SIP server using credentials supplied as part of the dial
command, instead of needing a pre-defined gateway?

In an Asterisk dialplan, you can say something like

	Dial(SIP/${Destination}:${SIPpass}::${SIPuser}@${SIPhost})

and that will dial to the Destination number on SIPhost using the SIP
credentials SIPuser/SIPpass.  Nothing needs to be configured in advance.

Can FreeSwitch do something like that too?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
"The problem with television is that the people must sit and keep their eyes
glued on a screen; the average American family hasn't time for it."

 - New York Times, following a demonstration at the 1939 World's Fair.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.