[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Stops Responding

Cary Shouse cary at ytel.com
Tue Oct 5 17:46:07 UTC 2021

Hello,

Just sending an update on this. The Debian Freeswitch server we set up had
the same issue as our Gentoo servers. Looking at the backtrace we noticed
the first lowlevellock was occurring when or OurOutbound.luac was being
used. We decided to use a version that was not precompiled. After that
change the issue has only occurred once more. So there is still a problem
we are looking into, but the problems have been massively reduced with that
change.

Part of the backtrace
Thread 40 (Thread 0x7f2fe191e700 (LWP 15884)):
#0  __lll_lock_wait_private () at
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/lowlevellock.S:63
#1  0x00007f30512cce53 in __GI__IO_link_in (fp=fp at entry=0x7f2fec53e400) at
genops.c:93
#2  0x00007f30512cbb92 in _IO_new_file_init_internal
(fp=fp at entry=0x7f2fec53e400)
at fileops.c:114
#3  0x00007f30512c0148 in __fopen_internal (filename=0x7f2fec4d5920
"/usr/local/freeswitch/scripts/360/V3/lua/OurOutbound.luac",
mode=0x7f2fe37d81b2 "r", is32=1) at iofopen.c:74
#4  0x00007f2fe37cc123 in luaL_loadfilex () from
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblua5.2.so.0
#5  0x00007f302405796d in lua_parse_and_execute (L=<optimized out>,
input_code=<optimized out>, session=0x7f2fc91217f8) at mod_lua.cpp:194
#6  0x00007f3024058191 in lua_function (session=0x7f2fc91217f8,
data=<optimized out>) at mod_lua.cpp:483
#7  0x00007f30518920df in switch_core_session_exec
(session=session at entry=0x7f2fc91217f8,
application_interface=application_interface at entry=0x55d5e9528150,
arg=arg at entry=0x7f2fc96819c0 "360/V3/lua/OurOutbound.luac") at
src/switch_core_session.c:2900
#8  0x00007f305189276f in switch_core_session_execute_application_get_flags
(session=session at entry=0x7f2fc91217f8, app=0x7f2fc96819b8 "lua",
arg=0x7f2fc96819c0 "360/V3/lua/OurOutbound.luac", flags=flags at entry=0x0) at
src/switch_core_session.c:2765
#9  0x00007f3051896ab2 in switch_core_standard_on_execute
(session=0x7f2fc91217f8) at src/switch_core_state_machine.c:354
#10 switch_core_session_run (session=0x7f2fc91217f8) at
src/switch_core_state_machine.c:651
#11 0x00007f305188face in switch_core_session_thread (thread=<optimized
out>, obj=0x7f2fc91217f8) at src/switch_core_session.c:1719
#12 0x00007f305188b4c3 in switch_core_session_thread_pool_worker
(thread=0x7f3034236c70, obj=<optimized out>) at
src/switch_core_session.c:1782
#13 0x00007f3051bc536c in dummy_worker (opaque=0x7f3034236c70) at
threadproc/unix/thread.c:151
#14 0x00007f3051793fa3 in start_thread (arg=<optimized out>) at
pthread_create.c:486
#15 0x00007f30513494cf in clone () at
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:95