[Freeswitch-users] Lua to create gateway XML

Steve Aubrey-Bradshaw steve.aubrey-bradshaw at pipcall.com
Fri Nov 26 09:43:10 UTC 2021

Hi,
I'm trying to use a Lua script to manage a list of SIP gateways on FreeSwitch that are stored in a mysql database.

I have a script that I can run from the CLI that prints out the correct XML and I've added the lines below to autoload_configs/lua.conf.xml

    <param name="xml-handler-script" value="gateways.lua"/>
    <param name="xml-handler-bindings" value="configuration"/>

However, nothing from the script is loading.

I suspect that I'm not returning the XML from the script correctly. I'm currently using stream:write

Best Regards,
Steve