[Freeswitch-users] ESL asynchronous use

Telium Technical Support support at telium.io
Wed Nov 10 14:26:08 UTC 2021

I'm trying to figure out asynchronous use of the ESL (from C).  If I call
esl_connect_timeout with a timeout of 0, what happens if the connection is
not made immediately?  Is there some callback function indicating
success/failure?

If the esl connection is lost (FreeSwitch crashes), is there a callback
function indicating the lost connection?  Or do I need to issue a
status/keepalive to ensure function succeeds?

Looking a bit at the esl.c code I'm wondering if the above are synchronous
only.(polling for status)