[Freeswitch-users] Looking for libesl, headers, etc.

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Tue Nov 9 14:51:18 UTC 2021

On Monday 08 November 2021 at 22:38:41, Telium Technical Support wrote:

> I built a Debian 9 based FreeSwitch+FusionPBX from packages.  I now want to
> create a simple C++ program talking to FS using the ESL.

Why are you building a Debian 9 system?  Debian 11 is the current stable
release; security support for Debian 9 ended in July 202, and long-term
support will end in June 2022.

> I can't find libesl on the system, nor header files.  Is this available as
> a separate download package?  Do I have to DL the whole FS source,
> compile, and pull that out?

According to the documentation at
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Event+Socket+Library "ESL
(libesl) is a C library that has no dependencies on FreeSWITCH, and it can be
built, and moved to client/remote machines."

Therefore I would expect you to be able to build it directly from
https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/blob/master/libs/esl/src/esl.c

Antony.

--
"Measuring average network latency is about as useful as measuring the mean
temperature of patients in a hospital."

 - Stéphane Bortzmeyer

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.