[Freeswitch-users] Sofia and ODBC

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Wed Nov 3 11:15:14 UTC 2021

Hi.

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/FreeSWITCH+Databases tells
me that "Instead of using the default SQLite database as the internal
FreeSWITCH database, you can use any core database type. This works for:
	mod_db
	mod_voicemail
	mod_sofia
	mod_dingaling
	mod_cidlookup
	mod_lcr"

Each of those is a link, and if I click on the mod_sofia link I get to the page
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_sofia which tells me
nothing about using ODBC.

If I scroll further down the first page I started from, the heading "Configuring
FreeSWITCH to use databases" has a sub-section "mod_sofia" with a link pointing
to https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Sofia+Configuration+Files
whose only mention of ODBC is:

odbc-dsn
If you have ODBC support and a working dsn you can use it instead of SQLite
<param name="odbc-dsn" value="dsn:user:pass"/>

So, where can find the information telling me _how_ I can put my sofia
configuration into ODBC, instead of XML files?

Basically I'm looking for the equivalent of Asterisk's "Realtime" configuration
option, where SIP connections can be held in a database table instead of a flat
file, meaning that (a) it's easier to maintain dynamically, and (b) new entries
get used without needing a reload.

I'm liking FreeSwitch (after using it for about a month), but still finding it
sometimes hard to discover the definitive documentation for what it can do (or
how to make it do it).

Thanks,

Antony.

--
This sentence contains exacly three erors.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.