[Freeswitch-users] log format change breaking fail2ban? percentage added to logs? how to revert?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Mon Nov 1 16:17:42 UTC 2021

On Friday 29 October 2021 at 12:20:36, Dragos Oancea wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 1:42 PM Jelle de Jong wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > The log format seem to have changed, how can I get it back to what it
> > used to without the percentage thing?

> > What is the use case of this new percentage in the log files?

> It adds idle cpu to log lines.
> check commits 03d5730ffcdd0dc69247693c58239757623b9319
> and 241d397e39fad336c13b0f43fecfa697182a4a3b if you wish to revert.

That seems a very strange way of doing it to me - to report the *idle*
percentage, instead of how *busy* the system is.

I believe people generally think of disks as "how full?", memory as "how much
used?", network bandwidth as "how much data?" and CPUs as "how busy?"

Can anyone explain why it was chosen to report "percentage idle"?

Antony.

[PS: This message being sent at 16:17 UTC 2021-11-01; this is the fifth email
I've sent to the list since I saw my last one get posted on 2021-10-28; I'm
still trying to work out why this mailman is so slow / unreliable.]

--
"In fact I wanted to be John Cleese and it took me some time to realise that
the job was already taken."

 - Douglas Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.