[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch loacally acks 200 in bypass media scenarios

David VILLAUME david.villaume at sewan.fr
Wed Mar 3 12:55:23 UTC 2021

Hello,

In bypass-media mode freeswitch locally acks the 200 ok (SDP), that leads to some Race condition when the party that answered the 200 sends a quick reinvite after Just after the Ack.

I tried on 1.10.1 and 1.10.5, with and without late-negociation, but couldn’t figure how to avoid this.

Has one of you experienced it or have any idea about this ?

          SBC                FREESWITCH                PBX
+---------          ----------+---------          ----------+
|        INVITE (SDP)         |                             |
| --------------------------> |                             |
|         100 Trying          |                             |
| <-------------------------- |                             |
|                             |        INVITE (SDP)         |
|                             | --------------------------> |
|                             |         100 Trying          |
|                             | <-------------------------- |
|                             |         180 Ringing         |
|                             | <-------------------------- |
|         180 Ringing         |                             |
| <-------------------------- |                             |
|                             |        200 OK (SDP)         |
|                             | <-------------------------- |
|                             |             ACK             |
|                             | --------------------------> |
|        200 OK (SDP)         |                             |
| <-------------------------- |                             |
|                             |        INVITE (SDP)         |
|                             | <-------------------------- |
|                             |             100             |
|                             | --------------------------> |
|        INVITE (SDP)         |                             |
|             100             |                             |
|             491             |                             |
|                             |             491             |

Regards,
David