[Freeswitch-users] Can calls be rejected if they are missing EITHER audio or video USABLE ice candidates?

David P davidswalkabout at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 02:40:37 UTC 2021

We're evaluating a paid TURN service, and we've found that sometimes it
provides only a STUN candidate for audio and neither STUN nor TURN for
video. The user's host candidates are all private IPv4. FS 10.5 allows such
a call, but we'd like to reject any call *lacking* usable ICE candidates
for *either* audio or video.

I see at
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Channel+Variables that
there is channel var "variable_remote_media_ip", so if this is empty for
both audio and video, we could set our dialplan to reject the call. But is
this var set independently for audio and video so we can check that both
are present?

Or is there a better way?