[Freeswitch-users] Multiple Registrations inconsistency

Martin Paterson martin at pattersong.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 15:54:48 UTC 2021

I think that will do it.

Several places FS code do something similar to:

            if (multi_reg_contact) {
                sql =
                    switch_mprintf("delete from sip_registrations
where sip_user='%q' and sip_host='%q' and contact='%q'", to_user,
reg_host, contact_str);
            } else {
                sql = switch_mprintf("delete from sip_registrations
where call_id='%q'", call_id);
            }

This bit is from where it handles receiving an unregister (a register
with expires of zero). If your several user agents have the same
contact, then they will all be unregistered at the same time.

The documentation
(https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Sofia+Configuration+Files)
says:
Valid values for this parameter are "contact", "true", "false".
value="true" is the most common use. Setting this value to "contact"
will remove the old registration based on sip_user, sip_host and
contact field as opposed to the call_id.

Martin.

Martin Paterson, Pattersong Music
Reduced orchestrations of G&S