[Freeswitch-users] "Shadow calls" - duplicate calls executing in parallel

Sam van Herwaarden svanherwaarden at precisionag.org
Fri Feb 26 12:57:35 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I was just wondering if others have experienced this: on a few of the
FreeSWITCH systems I've interacted with, I've observed situations where
incoming phone calls seem to be duplicated. So there seem to be two call
processes for the same phone number, also both receiving things like DTMF
events. The timestamps of events tend to be very close (sub-second) but not
necessarily identical.

It's not very common, less than 1 per 1000 calls has this happening. It
does tend to throw off some of our tooling (both in call handling and
analysis). Curious to know if there could be an obvious cause/easy fix.

Kind regards,
Sam