[Freeswitch-users] Fax to extension of B number

Grzegorz Orzeł modlibor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 14:29:50 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

I have a FreeSwitch serving multiple services. One of them is fax2mail/mail2fax. Logic is implemented as a set of lua scripts and it works fine. I’d like extend mail2fax direction. Currently it (lua script) picks number B, tiff file and sends it directly to B using command originate as follows:

originate {<_bunch_of_headers_>} sofia/service/+4812345678 at some.domain;user=phone &txfax(<_tiff_file_path_>) XML <_some_profile_>

What I’d like to do is to add possibility to dial some other extension number. Lest’s say fax is available on +4812345678 but when the call is aswered there needs to be dialed number 123.

I’ve already reviewed all FreeSwitch books on safaribooks,  googled but I haven't found any example… :-/

Maybe it is enough to simply add it to the call url - I mean something like:

originate {<_bunch_of_headers_>} sofia/service/+4812345678,,123 at some.domain;user=phone &txfax(<_tiff_file_path_>) XML <_some_profile_>

Can you give me some hint how to do that?

Thanks in advance,
Grzegorz