[Freeswitch-users] Originate with failover

Shaun Stokes shaun at sysconfig.cloud
Thu Dec 16 20:25:59 UTC 2021

Can't confirm if originate will work with pipe (never tried it), you can always test it, but I don't think continue_on_fail should be necessary.  When using pipe with gateways, you probably want to add leg_timeout, we've had issues with calls getting stuck on a down gateway in the past, leg_timeout ensures the call fails over after the specified time if there's no response. Some mobiles take a while to respond with ringing but 15s should be ample.

For example:
{continue_on_fail=NORMAL_TEMPORARY_FAILURE,NO_ROUTE_DESTINATION}[leg_timeout=15]originate sofia/gateway/provider1|[leg_timeout=15]sofia/gateway/provider2 19005551212 XML default

Shaun