[Freeswitch-users] Weird: Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 DNS server not working with sofia_dig

Brian : brians at iptel.co
Mon Dec 13 18:33:28 UTC 2021

In our case this definitely wasn't the issue. 1.1.1.1 just didn't respond
to some queries for SRV records at all or sent back an error response. It
was a geo thing too. In emea it worked fine. In Africas it didn't.

Like I said we had more things to be worrying about so we didn't spend a
lot of time on it.

On Saturday, December 11, 2021, Sergey Safarov <s.safarov at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can check DNS response.
> I think there may be a set flag that indicates "partial response."
> In this case, the client should switch transport used to send
requests from UDP to TCP.

> As I know Freewithch (libsofia) do not support DNS request via TCP and
this lead to failed DNS lookup.

> On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 8:10 PM Brian : <brians at iptel.co> wrote:
>>
>> We noticed something similar with 1.1.1.1 and srv records a while ago.
Didn't spend much time on it just told customer to use a resolver that
works.

>> On Friday, December 10, 2021, Podrigal, Aron <aronp at guaranteedplus.com>
wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I am experiencing weird behavior.
>> > I have my nameserver set to 1.1.1.1, doing sofia_dig returns no
results, one request out of five succeeds.
>> > - When I do a dig / host lookup directly outside freeswitch using
1.1.1.1, it works.
>> > - sofia_dig with any other DNS server (8.8.8.8, 9.9.9.9 etc) works.
>> > PCAP shows DNS traffic being sent and received normally. In the non
working scenario, the response from 1.1.1.1 simply has zero  ips.
>> > See below.

</mail/u/0/s/?view=att&th=17da4c1a164bfbe4&attid=0.0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_kwzyxhsx1&zw&atsh=1>

https://signalwire.community