[Freeswitch-users] 302 handling with enterprise :_: dial.

Martin Paterson martin at pattersong.co.uk
Tue Dec 7 13:28:33 UTC 2021

Thanks for that Brian. Are you saying then that it is impossible to follow
302s when you do multiple outdials with enterprise originate, the only
choices are ignore the 302 or follow but cancel the other outdials? But if
that's how it is, then so be it. The 'Freeswitch IVR Originate' page
implies the opposite though. Of enterprise originate it says:
'This can be helpful when dealing with call forwarding. Without it,
FreeSWITCH would drop the simultaneous dial and transfer to the forwarded
extension. For example, I'm bridging to two SIP phones, 101 and 102, with
"," between them. 101 redirects to some other URL. 102 will now stop
ringing. With :_: it wouldn't'.

Anyhow my users really like the convenience of turning forwarding on and
off by pressing a button on the (Snom) handset which chooses whether it
returns 302 or not. So plan B is going to be to configure the Snoms to dial
a code when hitting the button instead. The code then gets handled in the
dialplan which remembers the setting. Then when a forwarded handset is
subsequently dialed, logic in the dialplan can replace that with the
forwarded number.

Martin Paterson, Pattersong Music
Reduced orchestrations of G&S